Saturday, January 9, 2010

To Venezuela and back!

I was in the mood to be out and try something slightly different in which the menu required me not 2 go thru a enless list of dishes! Can't get any simpler than the menu offered at Caracas Arepa Bar. A menu that reminds me of Empanada Mama in Hell's Kitchen. Simple and straight forward> They offer Arepas with about a selection of 10 different fillings. I had one arepa called "La Sureña" which translates to "The Southern". It was delish, an arepa filled with chorizo,grilled chicken breast and avocado and spicy chimichurri sauce. I'm finally opening up 2 spicy food, slowly but shortly. I also had 2 sidekicks, Yoyos (fried sweet plantain balls stuffed with white cheese) and Tostones Mochimeros (fried Green Plantains topped with Mojito Mayo, a squeeze of lemon and white cheese). Tostones Mochimeros tasted awesome.

Arepa:
Photobucket

Yoyos:
Photobucket

Tostones Mochimeros:
Photobucket

My friends had an Arepa called "La de Pollo" which translate to " The chicken one". It consisted of chunks of chicken with caramelized onions. She says it was "Okay". They also had an empanada called De Pabellón (which had shredded beef, black beans, white salty cheese and sweet plantains) and she liked it.

I also had a Mimosa and a Mojito. Drinks were just ok and the portions are basically the size of 2 or 3 shot glasses for $8(I think my pics makes them look bigger than what they really were LOL). They could work on the amount of liquor given. But then again I'm just bringing that up because the drinks weren't as good as I hoped!
Photobucket

Photobucket
Overall had a good girl's night out! A few quick conversations and some good food!

0 comments:

Post a Comment